The below listing is a sample of eligible project costs under the program as administered in Dallas:
• Public improvements such as the construction of new streets, alleyways, sidewalks, street lighting, pedestrian lighting, water main lines, waste water main lines, and storm water improvements.
• Utility relocation, utility burial.
• The demolition of existing buildings, structures, and fixtures.
• The restoration of historic building facades.
• The acquisition, clearing, and grading of land for public improvements.
• Fees paid for architectural, planning, and engineering work related to eligible TIF funded public improvements.
• Costs of environmental impact studies or other required studies and environmental remediation of a property.
• Additional costs incurred for high density projects.
In addition, TIF district funds are used for a variety of administrative costs:
• Contributions made by City of Dallas for implementation of the project plan.
• Cost of publicizing the creation of the zone and implementation of the project plan.
• Payments made to the City of Dallas for the creation of the zone or for the implementation of the project plan for the zone.
• Cost of time spent by the City of Dallas staff in connection with the implementation of a project plan.
• Operational expenses for the reinvestment zone and project facilities.